Ancient town and chateau. The original Vartenberk castle was converted into the renaissance Upper chateau by the Salhausens in the early 16th century. Two of the buildings forming the Lower chateau originated in the later half of the 16th century, the third dating from 1878. Examples of the home interiors of the renaissance nobility can bee seen in the accessible buildings. The late gothic triplenaved church from the turn of the 15th and 16th centuries has a net rib vault and valuable sculptures, for example, the snadstone pulpit from the 16th century.